Skip to content

Arthurs Quay Shopping Centre


Patrick St, LimerickGoogle MapsArrow
  • Arthurs Quay Shopping Centre takes its name from the Arthur family, prominent medieval merchants who had settled in Limerick by the 13th century.
  • The Arthurs had built Georgian townhouses on this site in the 18th century. After the establishment of Pery Square, Arthur’s Quay became a less desirable address and fell into disrepair; it later became a tenement block. In the 1950s the houses were in such a bad state that they were demolished, making way for Arthur’s Quay Shopping Centre to be built on the site some 30 years later.
  • This site was selected as a venue for the 28th edition of EVA, curated by Zdenka Badovinac (b. 1958, Slovenia) and titled Imagine Limerick.
  • This was one of the venues where Mark Cullen (b. 1972, Ireland) and Brian Duggan (b. 1971, Ireland) presented Short Shorts (2003), a participatory youth project which resulted in eight digital films exhibited in various location in Limerick.

Artwork presented at this venue

Mark Cullen and Brian Duggan, Short Shorts, 2003.